So, let’s get started!
DIFFERENT TYPES OF CHICKEN FEED
CHICK STARTER FEED
Grower feed is intended for pullets 5 to 19 weeks old. Compared to starter feed, the nutrient composition of this feed is much less than the starter diet. It has 16% crude protein for pullets and 20 percent crude protein for broilers. However, the energy content is higher than starter feed because the chickens are already grown and tend to perform habitual activities that enervate them.
Suppose you want to create your layer feed, you must have these common ingredients: Oat goat, Regular naked oats, Black sunflower seeds, Hard red wheat, soft white wheat, Kamut flour, Millet, Whole corn, Crack corn, Popcorn, Lentils, Peas, Sesame seeds, Brewers’ yeasts, Sea kelp, Alfalfa, Barley, Fish meal, Flaxseed, Food-grade lime or aragonite.
If you are unsure of the amount of each ingredient, better purchase a commercial one. With this, you can ensure that you are giving your chicken the proper amount of nutrients their body needs, especially the amount of protein.
Scratch feed is made from different seeds and grains, like cracked corn, barley, wheat, oats, or sunflower seeds. Scratch believes that originated from farmers who throw out their leftover grains and seed for birds and chickens to rummage through. It's like a treat to them.
INTEGRATING GRUBS AND WORM INTO CHICKEN DIETS
Incorporating grub worms and mealworms into your chickens' diet can offer an excellent source of protein and essential nutrients. Grub, including black fly larvae, is a natural and sustainable option for enhancing your poultry's diet. For those looking to add these beneficial insects to their feed regimen, meal worms for sale can be found from reputable suppliers, offering a convenient way to provide your chickens with a protein boost.
- Soybean Meal is the dominant protein supplement used in chicken feed. Soybean can be fed as a whole, meal, or by-product of oil extraction. Soybean meal has a high protein content in all ingredients, especially compared to other plant protein sources. Aside from protein, it has a high Amino Acid that complements corn, the primary energy source in poultry diets.
- Canola Meal is the major component of a nutritionally balanced diet in all types of poultry feed. It has an excellent amino acid profile, an excellent source of sulfur-containing amino acid, and sometimes an economic advantage when formulating a digestible amino acid basis.
Corn or Maize is the cereal grain choice for poultry feed in the United States. Corn is a go-to energy source in poultry feed, low in fiber, and the most accessible grain for chickens to digest.
- Wheat Midds are usually used in Western Canada and Europe as part of the poultry diet. Wheat has 94% to 96% energy and a high protein, amino acids, lysine, and tryptophan content than corn. It also has gluten that helps eliminate the need for pellets binders when making pellets.
- Pre and Probiotics are feed additive that benefits both microbes in the chicken guts and adds beneficial bacteria to the existing population of chickens' digestive tract. Probiotics help the chicken prevent and clear diarrhea in its body. It also helps the chicken body lessen the smelly feces with less ammonia and a better feed conversion ratio.
- Vitamins and Minerals are essential for chicken survival. Without them, the chicken may suffer a lack of energy, feather abnormalities, feather depigmentation, skin lesion and dermatitis, muscle degeneration, weakness, bone deformation, less egg production, and even neurological disorders.
DIFFERENT KINDS OF TREATS
Treats are the food you give your chicken that is unnecessary but could significantly contribute to your chicken's growth and development.
Watermelon is one of the typical chicken treats farmers give their chickens because all parts of watermelon are safe to intake, like the pulp, rinds, seed, and even its vine and leaves.
Watermelon is composed of 90% water that helps your chicken hydrate during summer. In addition, It has Vitamin A, Vitamin C, a fair amount of potassium, and even fiber. With watermelon's nutrients, feeding them too much is still not advisable because they will lessen eating their regular food in the long run.
After filling your thoughts with information, it is time to take action and try some of these treats.
For comments and suggestions, you are most welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will patiently wait for you!